Friday, December 3, 2010

Awkward Moment #1 & #2

Well I'm glad to see you decided to come back and read again.  As I said earlier, I am a little behind on the story so give me a few days and everything will be current.  Ok, So my wife told me she was pregnant and we were going to have a baby.  After I regained consciousness, I told her to don't get her hopes up just yet.  I then told her that just because one test was positive, doesn't mean it was 100% true.  At this time, she brought out a bag of positive tests.  What is up with women and pregnancy tests.  If they test negative, they keep taking them to make sure.  If they test positive, they keep taking them to make sure.  Why take one, if you don't believe them.  And a woman can not buy just one.  They buy them by the boxes.  Since the 37 tests Stephanie took are positive, we need to get rid of the 8 boxes we have left.  If you need or know anyone that might need some tests, let me know and maybe we can work something out. 
Anyway, I told her she needed to see a doctor to make sure.  This is when she said she had an appointment the next day.  So the next day she goes to the doctor and calls me at work and said it was true.  Positive test.  Once again the heat must have kicked on at work because I started sweating and seeing dots.  I told her Great and I would see her when I got home.  I don't remember anything else about work that day just walking in the door at home. 
So we now have to start telling everyone.   Now from a guys point of view, I just thought you told whoever you saw in no order.  This is not how things work.  There is a woman's unwritten code for who you tell, how you tell, and in what order you tell.  The order is parents, siblings, family, really close friends, co-workers, friends, and finally whoever else.   You can not break this order.  They say a woman gets crabby when she is pregnant ( and I'm sure I will find this out) but threaten to break this order and you will see crabby.  So we told my parents, then sister.  Then we told her parents and brother, now we are in the middle of telling close friends, then we will finish by the end of the month.  Now lets talk about telling the parents.  We told my parents and everything went well.  They were shocked and stunned but it went OK.  Then we went to tell Stephanie's parents.  Well we told her parents we were going to stop by after we got a Christmas tree from a place close to where they live.  Well we get there and they are not home.  We waited for an hour before the finally got home.  After they walked in we talked for a while and then told them the real truth why we were there.  There was some screaming, crying, hugging, laughing, crying, clapping, hugging, crying , laughing, and did I mention crying.  Yes it was different.  After things settled down and her parents believed everything was true we sat on the couches and talked.  This is when Awkward Moment #1 happened.  Her mother who has wanted a grand kid since we got married was so excited.  Then she look at us and said she couldn't believe it. The she said "I was beginning to think you guys didn't know what you were doing."  Yes folks, the heat must have come on again because I was suddenly hot.  Everyone started laughing at this statement but I have to say Awkward Moment #1.  So everyone talked for a while.  Things went well and we had to get home so we started to leave.  This is when Awkward Moment #2 happened.  So we get up to leave and I hug Stephanie's mother.  She says she loves me and all is good.  Then I reach out to shake her dad's hand and he grabs it and pulls me in for the man hug.  All is good then me says 'Thank You".  Now this might seen like nothing.  But think about what he is thanking me for doing.  I got his daughter naked, had sex with her, and got her pregnant.  This is usually a dad's worst nightmare.  This is the one thing a dad can't think about and he is thanking me for doing it.  Yes folks the heat came on again and I was ready to go.  What a day.  Well this gets you a little farther along and I will keep writing until you are current.  So see ya soon.  I have to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment